Saturday, April 28, 2012

A feat to be Recognized!!

You know how there are certain accomplishments in life that you just have to make known to the world because it felt so good that after finishing you can’t help but say “I did that!!” I had one of those moments today. For the last 9 months I have been working at becoming more fit, more trained. I joined a crossfit gym where the workouts not only push you to the limits physically but mentally as well. I have made most of my progress at Crossfit Utah Valley where the trainers will literally push me to a higher level than I thought possible during a workout. Below I will outline what the workout was for today and my wonderful accomplishment that went along with this workout.


40 back squats 95
30 pullups
20 shoulder to oh 95
40 front squats 65
30 pullups
20 shoulder to oh 65
40 ohs 45
30 pullups
20 shoulder to overhead 45
*No racks. Must use same barbell and change weight yourself
I woke up this morning after a nasty migraine the night before at 5:00 am. Before I knew it, 7:45 rolled around and I wasn’t dressed yet. I rushed out the door, missed the warm up completely and started to get my weight set up. Then I grabbed a band and box to assist in me doing the pull-ups. I then thought, “lets see how far I can get without using the band.” After going through the first two sets of 30 without the band, I refused to placate my sore and tired muscles. I wanted to succeed in what I had set out for and… I DID IT!! This was the first workout ever that I did pull-ups without a band. *Please take a moment of silence*….  

I finished the above work out though before the 45 min cap at 36:47. YAY!!

For all those out there looking to push themselves to the next level, I would encourage you to find a Crossfit gym nearby. It will be the best change in your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment